Instructions for “Local” Anesthesia (Numbing)
- All minors MUST be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- You can eat, drink and take your medications as you normally do.
- An escort is not necessary unless the patient is a minor.
Instructions if you are going to have IV Sedation or General Anesthesia
- Do NOT eat or drink anything (not even a sip of water) for six (6)
hours before surgery. You may not drink alcohol for twenty-four (24)
hours prior to your surgery.
- Bring an escort with you to drive you home. The escort and vehicle
must stay at the office for the entire appointment. You may NOT take
public transportation for this appointment. After surgery, you may
not, under any circumstance, drive or operate any machinery for the
rest of the day.
- Please wear short-sleeved clothes that are loose, cool and
- Patients who are minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian. If this cannot be arranged, please contact the office at least
forty-eight (48) hours prior to your appointment.
- Take your prescription medication at least six (6) hours prior to your
surgery time, unless advised otherwise by OUR office. Please contact
our office prior to your appointment of you have any questions
- Please call our office if you recently have or currently are experiencing
symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, e.g. cold, cough, flu.
- Our office strives to provide SAFE, EFFECTIVE anesthesia for all of
our patients. To this end, it is OUR decision as to whether you are healthy
enough for sedation or general anesthesia.